Minggu, 13 Januari 2013

Spoof


SPOOF~ Unexpected text type
Hi guys, have you ever heard about spoof text??
Here, I will share my knowledge about SPOOF.. Just check it out!! (^0^)/
this image was downloaded from http://bronies.mw.lt/images/Spoof%201.jpg
Spoof Text
Definition and Social Function of Spoof
Spoof is a text which tells factual story, happened in the past time with unpredictable and funny ending. Its social      function is to entertain and share the           story.
Generic Structure of Spoof
1. Orientation
2. Events
3. Twist
Language Feature of Spoof
1. Focusing on people, animals or certain things
2. Using action verb; ate, ran, etc
3. Using adverb of time and place
4. Told in chronological order
Example of SPOOF text:
The Color of Love
by courtney
(texas)
I’m only 16 and I shouldn’t know what love is or even its real meaning, right? Wrong. I’ve known this guy for 4 years, started out as friends, then developed a stronger relationship. (orientation)
He showed me who I was and to never give up on something you loved. I prayed, asking God is he the one? I believe so with everything in me to this day. (events)
But my father hated the thought of me with this boy. Why, you may ask? The boy is half white and half black. Not a big problem, right? Wrong. (events)
I saw him as nothing but a good person, but dad saw him as a useless person going nowhere in life who was feeding off my happiness till one day I had none and i was miserable. (Events)
Crazy, I know.
But the boy just wanted a friend. Someone who he could tell his problems to and I was always there for him. I loved his family, his dreams, his hopes. But dad still saw him as hopeless. (events)
I fought, got kicked out of my own house, and even neglected for just liking the kid. But I never gave up because I knew his heart was where it was supposed to be. I knew that boy was going somewhere and loved me for me. (TWIST)

ADDITIONAL INFO!!
For further information about SPOOF, you can check this link:
http://understandingtext.blogspot.com/2010/04/spoof-text-is-different-from-anecdote.html
http://understandingtext.blogspot.com/2009/03/spoof-and-recount-text-what-makes-them.html
HAPPY LEARNING!!
\(^0^)/

0 Comments: